Awkward smiles, speech troubles, damage to the jaw bone, headaches, or muscular aches – missing a tooth can cause several problems.
Most people may not realize the importance of replacing a missing tooth. In fact, only 30% of adults between the age group of 65-74 years old may not have any natural teeth.
The Many Ways A Dentist Can Replace Missing Teeth
Among the many ways, dentists can replace missing teeth, the most popular options include:
Teeth implants are also known as dental implants. Dental implants may be used not just for a single missing tooth, but also if you are missing several teeth. A metal implant is inserted into the jaw bone, and it later integrates with the jaw bone.
Benefits of Teeth Implants
- Prevent bone loss
- Very similar to real teeth
- Don’t need special care
- Don’t impact other teeth
- Immediate dental implants in one day
Potential Concerns with Teeth Implants
- May require a surgery
- Not recommended for people with multiple health issues
- Long healing process
- More expensive than other options
Dental bridges are of two types:
- Fixed dental bridge
- Resin retained dental bridge.
A fixed dental bridge works well if you have missing teeth close to each other. They bridge the gap between the teeth using artificial or prosthetic teeth. These artificial teeth are attached to your existing teeth using sophisticated dental cement.
Resin retained dental bridges are recommended for patients who have lost their front teeth. However, they need to be used with care as they are not as durable as the fixed dental bridge.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
- Resemble natural teeth
- No special care needed for cleaning
- Not as expensive as dental implants
- Shorter dental procedure and lesser healing time
- May be recommended for patients with other health problems
- Suitable for older patients
Potential Concerns With Dental Bridges
- Not very easy to clean
- Requires adjacent teeth for proper fitting
- Not as durable as dental implants
- More expensive than dentures.
Removable Partial Dentures
Dentures are popularly called “false teeth”. They are an inexpensive solution to replacing either a single missing tooth or even for replacing all your teeth. The removable partial denture is a removable device, which the patient wears during the day and removes at night time.
Benefits of Removable Partial Dentures
- Cheapest solution
- Easy repair and replacement
- Doesn’t require complex dental procedures.
Potential Concerns With Removable Partial Dentures
- Long adjustment period
- Daily removal makes them more prone to damage
- May require frequent replacement.
Medical science offers several easy and long-lasting solutions for replacing missing teeth or filling teeth gaps. Contact our professional Angel Smile dentists to find out an effective solution that works for you and your loved ones!